Posted in Picks, Suicide Pools |
In only a matter of days, the NFL regular season will begin again. NFL betting enthusiasts looking for a couple of quick picks have come to the right spot. With all of the new acquisitions per team this offseason, the NFL betting lines are all over the place. Here are all all football betting info regarding two quick picks that can make you a lot of money.
- New Orleans Saints are a four and a half point favorite over the Minnesota Vikings- After looking at multiple sportsbooks, we found that the defending Super Bowl Champion Saints were only a four and a half point favorite over their NFC Championship opponents.
This pick made us scratch our heads, on the one hand, yes both teams come into the 2010 season with virtually the same rosters from a year ago, but on the other hand, the Vikings have quite a few question marks. For instance, starting pivot Brett Favre missed the majority of training camp as a result of his annual ‘I can’t make up my mind’ ritual. Secondly, wide receiver Percy Harvin has spent this offseason battling migraines and Sydney Rice has been out with injury and may not even play this season. At minus four and a half, taking the Saints in what should be a larger victory is pretty good. Take the Saints at four and a half any day of the week.
- Tennessee Titans are a six and a half point favorite over the Oakland Raiders – The Raiders did more this offseason in regards to player movement. However, even with JaMarcus Russell leaving Oakland, the majority of sportsbooks feel the Raiders will lose by six and a half points. With former Washington Redskin pivot Jason Campbell now having health issues, taking the Titans at six and a half points is essentially highway robbery. Take the Titans at six and a half, but expect them to win by seven or more.
Posted in Suicide Pools |
Suicide pools are one of the more exciting betting techniques in football. Basically in order to win a suicide pool you have to pick one winning team each week. However you cannot pick the same team twice and if you lose you are out. Most online betting sites offer a wide array of suicide pools from small entry fees such as five dollars to rather large entry fees as $100. The winning pot grows with the number of people you have joined. Here are four tips to help you win your next suicide pool.
1. Trends – Beware and pick wisely, as every team has at least one trend during the regular season. The amazing teams and the teams on the cusp of making the wild card section of the standings have the ability to go on a six or seven game winning streak. As well, the worst teams tend to have losing trends. However, we suggest if you are going to pick a team on a winning trend, to do so between weeks 11 to 14. These four weeks set out which teams are for real and which are grossly overachieving.
2. Don’t Pick Favorites each week – Do your research, in week one many people in office pools tend to pick last year’s Super Bowl Winner and all the division leaders, not taking into account that all 30 teams have made changes to become better. As a result teams such as the 03 Texans who were terrible the year prior, caused a lot of people to lose their picks in the suicide pools because of their upset over the playoff bound Dolphins.
3. Road Records – As previously mentioned, teams on the cusp of greatness are just that. In saying that, we suggest looking at a team’s road record, as although some teams may be fantastic at home they could be atrocious on the road and it may be worthwhile to take their opponent over them when they are on the road.
4. Save the Favorites For latter – When you near the end of the regular season, the good teams in the league tend to play harder in order to lock up division titles and home field advantage. We suggest you bet good teams that are heavily favored in the latter weeks as this can help you move on.